A FEMINIST REFRAME OF THE ‘INNER CRITIC’
An intersectional framework for working through fears, the inner critic + internalized oppressive thoughts
HAVE YOU NOTICED?
A common training topic that is taught in the coaching, therapy, wellness and helping professional industries is how practitioners can support their clients with reframing the ‘inner critic’, ‘negative thoughts’, and fears. The self-help industry also promotes a range of ‘mindset’ tactics that are claimed to be the solution to overcoming these.
We have noticed, and you may have too, that many of these frameworks do not consider an inclusive feminist and anti-oppressive lens to doing this work. As a result, years of programming and influence through socialization, the consequent deep hooks of internalized oppressive beliefs and thoughts, and the harm one can experience when they cannot simply “choose” a so-called healthier alternative thought can be demoralizing and harmful.
In this free resource, we want to offer an alternative framework for supporting yourself and your clients with working through the inner critic, fears, and internalized oppressive beliefs using an inclusive feminist perspective. We trust you will find the framework as helpful as we have when applying to our personal and professional lives.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Key terms that you must understand in order to apply an intersectional feminist framework to your method for support clients in working through the inner critic, negative thoughts, fears and internalized oppressive beliefs.
- How to reframe or reimagine the whole concept of the ‘inner critic’ in a more compassionate, liberating and feminist way.
- The Feminist Coach Academy framework for working through (personally and/or with clients) the inner critic, negative thoughts, fears and internalized oppressive beliefs.
- An example of how the Feminist Framework can be applied in practice.
- How you can enhance your professional development and practical skillset when it comes to supporting clients in this area.
YOU WILL RECEIVE FREE ACCESS TO:
An comprehensive e-book (23 pages) containing the feminist framework and further information (including a case study example) for working through the inner critic, negative thoughts, fears and internalized oppressive beliefs.
A PDF Framework (1-page) summarising the process including questions and prompts for you to directly give your clients as a worksheet for working through the inner critic, negative thoughts, fears and internalized oppressive beliefs.
Other bonuses including embedded links to articles containing further information that will benefit your professional development in this area, as well as a 5% off discount code for enrolling in the Feminist Coach Theory Training.
ACCESS FREE INTERSECTIONAL FRAMEWORK & E-BOOK
Enter your details below to the free feminist framework and e-book – as well as our regular email updates, free resources and insights for feminist helping professionals and entrepreneurs.